Friday 1 January 2016

Nature's Way: Vitamin E-400 d-Alpha Tocopherol (100 Softgels / 400 IU)

I'm always a big fan of Vitamin E for skin healing, especially for minor burns caused by hot oils and healing scars. Nothing is better than a little fresh capsule of pure Vitamin E... Pop the Vit E softgel with a needle/tweezer, slather that protective oil on your tender wound, and leave it with minimal scaring- if any at all. 

Usually, I would get my Vitamin E at my local Guardian Pharmacy in Singapore. This is the cheapest brand of pure Vitamin E that I could find in retail stores that won't compromise on the healing potency. It may be the cheapest in retail, but I thank my lucky stars for finding an even better deal online on iHerb! Whoop whoop!!!

I sourced the entire iHerb's range of Vitamin E (and trust me, this was insane with their variety available) and compared prices with the potency of Vitamin E, and found a perfect one that competes with Guardian Pharmcy's house brand in all ways.

Meet my best Vit E buy: Nature's Way Premiun Quality Vitamin E-400 d-Alpha Tocopherol

At 100 softgels of 400 IU, this already beats Guardian Pharmacy's Vit E (S$18.90 for 60 softgels in 400IU) in quantity. Best of all, I bought this at only $15 after iHerb's 20% year-end sales!! #innervictorydance

Loving the antioxidants in this!

I always believe in checking the ingredients list of all supplements - often a capsule could be diluted with other irrelevant ingredients. This is perfect with just pure Vitamin E, exactly what I was looking for!

How the softgels look like. Pretty little things!


Now let's do a proper comparison between these 2 Vit E goodness!

In terms of price, Guardian Pharmcy's retail for $18.90 for 60 softgels while Nature's Way retails for $19 for 100 softgels at iHerb.com. It's easy to get a discount off iHerb as it always has sales- and if it doesn't, just use a referral code ( http://www.iherb.com?rcode=DRQ203 - you can use this direct link to get a $5 discount off your first order with code DRQ203.)!

When placed side by side, the Nature's Way softgels is softer and pointed (and seems to be of a darker concentrated yellow), while the Guardian Pharmacy's softgel much thicker in shell and hard. I like the Nature's Way's version better as its shell is easier to pierce through with just my fingernails (no need for needles and sharper sisscors like the Guardian one) - this is particularly useful when I bring the soft gels out to work and need a quick Vit E fix on my healing wounds.

Just my two cents worth after trying years of Vit E! 

Hope that this has been helpful to you, and if you have any tips - please share them with me in the comments below! Talk to you again soon! :)

Love & health always,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your own experience with everyone? I can't wait to hear all about it!